Daily LA BEOC Status Report - September 6, 2012
This document is produced daily during activation and distributed at the end of the day’s activities, usually around 7:30 pm CDT.
LA BEOC Member Quick Notes
• LA BEOC Phone Number: 225-334- BEOC (2362); Website Questions: email@example.com; Call-in Status Update Line: 337-385-5952
• The total number of registered companies is 1813. Please continue to encourage registration of individual businesses on the portal for situational awareness and resource identification.
• Please check the news alerts for the latest post-event information.
LA BEOC Activity for Tropical Storm Isaac
• Activated by GOHSEP 0700 Tuesday, August 28, 2012.
• Currently the LA BEOC is virtually activated; and monitored by NIMSAT Institute and SDMI staff.
• Communication with LA BEOC stakeholders is being conducted via phone calls, emails, situational reports and information that are posted regularly on the LA BEOC portal.
• News alerts are continuously posted on www.labeoc.org portal by NIMSAT Institute Public Information Officer.
• Several requests for products and services from local and state agencies, as well as VOADs are being processed.
• Providing evacuation fuel demand and fuel deficit estimates along evacuation routes for the Louisiana’s Fuel Team, operated by the Department of Natural Resources
• Providing real-time status updates capability through the portal and through a phone based data collection system, developed by FirstCall.
September 6, 2012
• Continued to monitor phones, email and LA BEOC portal
• Monitored Southeast Hurricane Task Force Conference Call and developed summary notes
• Posted news alerts as necessary
Louisiana Fuel Team Activities with Louisiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
• The NIMSAT Institute staff coordinated with DNR to monitor fuel stations during an evacuation, and track the areas impacted by Hurricane Isaac through daily automated calls, direct calls from staff to stations, and GIS mapping.
• Station operators can also self-report through the DNR site when their stations are open for business, or e-mail the Fuel Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presidential Disaster Declarations
• The NIMSAT Institute staff collaborated with GOHSEP, LED BERG team and the team of economists from LSU to develop a draft version of the Presidential Disaster Declaration.